Picture editing practices



Picture editing practices

Last week we learned about picture editing and creating logos to our websites. My website is done with Wordpress, and I made a few logo options for it. It was super fun to make the logos. I'll insert one of them here:


anotherlogo
 Done with freelogodesign.org

We also learned how to create icons to our website's toolbar. I have a recurring theme of doge (the meme dog) on my website, so I googled for a "doge favicon" and found this:


It was surprisingly easy to change the toolbar icon, I just went to the settings of my website,  inserted the textcode to the "Site Icon" box and then the icon appeared. No coding skills were needed! 

We also learned how to use Adobe Photoshop for the first time. One of my friends Stella, as a pro editor, showed us all how to use the main functions, such as the stamping tool and lasso tool. With stamping tool you could hide imperfections and other unwanted features. 
Lasso on the other hand allowed to move a picture on top of another picture as a new layer. 

Photoshop has different layers to work with. You can build pictures and edits on top of each other and work on them separately. I found it hard to understand through tutorial videos, but when we actually started working, it did not seem hard at all. 

As a child I used to play an online game where people owned horse stables and tried to sell their horses to other players. In order to have a lot of money and sell as many horses as possible you needed to have pretty pictures of them. Many (including me and my sister) used Photoshop for different layouts and decorations for the pictures.
 As a 12-year-old (!!) I knew how to put text and watermarks on my horse pictures, but now I know how to use Photoshop for professional purposes.

There's a free tool that has similar features to Photoshop which we also used and it is called Pixlr (www.pixlr.com). Here are my before and after pictures using that tool:


Before

After

//Emma

Kommentit